The Importance of Happiness: Noël Coward and the Actors’ Orphanage by Elliot James is available now. The book is the unknown story of how Coward and his committee of famous actors transformed the austere Actors’ Orphanage (for the children of struggling or absent actor parents) into a place of love and laughter. They survive World War II, financial struggle, problem children and monstrous staff, until Noël can finally retire and hand over the reins to his young protégé, Richard Attenborough. This is a timeless story of altruism, family, love and home.
Elliot James worked on various drafts of the book while staying at Blue Harbour, which features throughout the book. “Blue Harbour was such an inspiring place to be… and I can understand why it was Coward’s most favourite get-away. It’s where he could think and recharge before throwing himself back into the throes of his life”
You can buy the book here: www.elliotjames.net
Jamaica has reopened for international travelers. All travelers arriving are subject to health screening on arrival.
Jamaican residents and non residents from USA, Brazil, Dominican Republic and Mexico must obtain travel authorization before departure.
Obtain your travel authorization here:
We Can’t Wait To Welcome You Back To Blue Harbour
We are delighted to share that Blue Harbour has reopened and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Throughout the past several months, our team has worked hard to enhance our health and safety program and implement new, socially distant amenities to ensure the utmost safety of our staff and guests.
Our primary step in preventing any exposure is to limit the entire estate to your group only (up to 10) and at least a day between guests for sanitizing and disinfecting.
Upon your return to Jamaica and Blue Harbour, you can be greeted at the Montego Bay airport by our airport concierge and receiving private sanitized car transfer to the resort (additional fees apply)
We provide welcome snacks on arrival, daily breakfast and lunch and dinner can be ordered and served daily.
Blue Harbour remains committed to providing an authentic Jamaican experience in a clean and safe environment.
As we take this “pause on life” and prepare for reopening and recovery, the wellbeing and safety of Blue Harbour guests and employees continue to be at the top of our priorities.
Although we have been extremely fortunate to have had extremely limited covid-19 cases in Jamaica, we have suffered greatly due to the lack of tourism. As many may be aware, the island and its people depend on tourism. For them to get through this crisis, we sincerely appreciate all our guests who have rebooked their stays. This help goes a long way.
Blue Harbour staff strive to provide tranquility to all our guest in all aspects of their adventure, especially in hygiene.
Furthermore, as Blue Harbour reopens, we guarantee to provide the same unique experience we have always extended to all our guests throughout their stays and explorations.
We focus our efforts to offer a peace of mind and to ensure that all guests feel as if they were in their own home. While Blue Harbour has always maintained very rigorous cleaning procedures and standards, we have enhanced hygiene protocols in line with the World’s health Organization as well as local health authorities to deal with the current situation. These include:
- All staff working in and associated with Blue Harbour will do a Covid-19 test before returning to work.
- Staff temperature checks will be conducted before their shift.
- Sanitizing alcohol gel dispensers will be available in various areas.
- All staff will wear a face mask where necessary.
- Luggage will be disinfected on driveway, visual to the guest before taken to their rooms.
- Appropriate physical distancing between welcoming staff as well as during check in.
- More frequent cleaning of public areas, furniture, bathrooms, door handles and light switches.
- Guests will be provided with the option to choose their level of housekeeping (frequency, type and time).
- Rooms will be cleaned and disinfected thoroughly with alcohol-based products.
- Items such as magazines, books and directories will be removed from all rooms.
- Tables in our restaurant will be positioned at a safe physical distance from each other.
- A bottle of alcohol gel will be placed on each restaurant table for guest’s use.
- Menus will be disinfected before and after use.
- During eating hours, guests are encouraged to always use the same table.
- Our transport services will align to physical distancing guidelines.
We also vow to constantly stay updated with governmental guidelines, regulations and information published by the World Health Organization. Please rest assured that when everyone is free to travel, we will be prepared and raring to go with our doors wide open. We will offer the tranquility and safety that guests need to enjoy a Blue Harbour holiday adventure. If you need further information or assistance, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to see you!
Whew, 7.7 on the Richter scale and everything at Blue Harbour is still intact and going strong!
Something about Blue Harbour history that brings out the romance in you!